Groundhog Stew | A Beginners Guide

You may also like...

11 Responses

1. athelenerose says:

Love this story. It sounds like you have (or at least had) a beautiful yard with loads of room. We are building a raised garden bed and are putting chicken wire down to keep the moles from digging under. Good luck, I hope the ‘lil varmit takes off down the road

• birdlady612 says:

Thanks for stopping by. Good luck with your gardens, there’s nothing better than fresh veggies that you’ve grown yourself. We have to fence our vegetable garden with chicken wire to keep the bunnies out and deer netting to deter the deer, which doesn’t always work. The groundhog actually broke right through the netting to trample the corn. He is still here; we’ve tried to trap him to relocate him, but have since caught and released, on our property, 2 skunks and a raccoon. Happy gardening.

2. We’ve had a groundhog at our bird feeders this year as well! Thankfully, it’s a small guy and he has left our gardens alone (we do have a pretty sturdy fence around the veggies, because we have a bunch of hungry deer and rabbits who also live here). I’m with you – he’s OK if he sticks to the bird feeders. He is so stinkin’ cute. If he ventures elsewhere, I’ll be enjoying the stew. (By the way, the comments about asking your neighbors for the veggies and flowers cracked me up.)

3. Janice Wald says:

Hi,
    How creative. You are speaking as the bird, yes? I have readers who speak as dogs and cats but I’ve never met anyone who speaks as a bird. Engaging!
    I’m Janice. I met you at Suzie’s blog party.
    Maybe you can check out my blog if you can use any blogging tips. That’s what I write about. I also have blog parties like Suzie.
    Janice

• birdlady612 says:

Thank you for visiting. I was speaking as myself, not a bird, but I’m glad you enjoyed the post. I have not seen the groundhog lately, he may have started hibernating already. I do, however, have 4-5 skunks, 2-3 possums and 4 raccoons that visit my yard on a nightly basis. You can see some of the photos and videos on my blog. You can also see many video clips and photos on Instagram at Backyard Birdlady. I would love to check out your blog. Thank you again. Karen

• Janice Wald says:

Hi Karen,
        I am sorry for my error. I appreciate you setting aside my confusion and checking out my blog. I am having a Halloween blog party tomorrow. I hope you’ll join us.
        Janice

• birdlady612 says:

My son keeps my pretty busy on Saturday with bowling but I will check it out. Thanks