Meet the Backyard Birdlady
Welcome to my new blog, Backyard Birdlady! While I’m new to blogging, I’m not new to backyard birding. I have been feeding, sheltering and watching my feathered friends for 15 years now. My hope is to share my tips and what I’ve learned over the years and hopefully encourage you to get involved in backyard bird watching.
If you’re new to backyard birding, or if you just like to watch these little beauties in your yard, then I hope you will find my site of interest, and even educational. This will be a great birding site to share with all your friends.
Over time, some of the things you can expect to see here are:
- Tips on attracting birds to your yard and keeping them there
- Feeding birds
- Sheltering birds
- Common backyard birds
- Bird identification; facts and photos
- Bird habitats
- Food types
- Feeder types
- Birdhouse plans
- Water features
- Gardening for the birds
- Dealing with predators (cats, squirrels, raccoons and other birds)
- Updates, photos and videos of our backyard birds and their young
- Feeding the birds in winter
- Bird sightings
- Kids Corner: Word Searches, Crossword Puzzles, Name that Bird and more
Thank you for visiting Backyard Birdlady. Please bookmark this page and subscribe to my blog and share it with your friends and family.